Hi and welcome to my blog!
My name is Taylor
I am a recent graduate from Eastern New Mexico University in Portales, New Mexico with a masters in Communication Disorders. I am currently in my CF at a private practice in Elk Grove, California. I graduated with my B.A in Communicative Disorders in 2013 from a small private school in San Antonio called Our Lady of the Lake University. Since the moment I accidentally found myself in the hallway of the Speech-Language Pathology department (midway into getting a biology degree), I was hooked! After taking one intro course, I changed my degree plan and never looked back. I am IN LOVE with Speech-Language Pathology and feel that all speechies should love what they do and that passion should shine through their work everyday. I especially enjoy working with kiddos on articulation and with adults on swallowing.
Here are some fun facts about me:
-Yoga is my second love and a passion I make time for daily
– I LOVE being upside down every chance I get
– I am outgoing and most people describe me as incredibly silly
– I pride myself on looking for the best in people and striving to be a better me everyday
– I am currently planning and manifesting the start of a nonprofit speech therapy business with a beautiful fellow SLP I met on a trip to Africa
– I am a HUGE family person
♦Spitʃ θɛrʌpi ɪz fʌn♦
I started this blog in March 2017 to share with others my experience with applying to graduate school, being a graduate student, the process after graduation, and to share my love for speech therapy and yoga with you. There is so much I plan to do with this amazing profession and I hope to share the journey with you.
Thank you for being here and allowing me to share my passions with you!